Northampton, MA — Last night, the e-mail below was sent to coaches, team contacts, and sports information directors.
Coaches, Team Contacts, and SIDs,
Welcome back from semester break. I want to highlight a few items as the semester gets underway:
- Player of the Week Award: The CSA has a new award, the Player of the Week Award. A Player of the Week should have a significant impact on his or her team’s performance during the prior week and demonstrate sportsmanship. Coaches, Sports Information Directors, and Team Contacts may nominate players by contacting me. Please submit nominations by Monday evening (6 PM ET) for matches played during the prior week. The more detailed your nominations the better. Please note that this Monday night (1/10), the first Player of the Week (male and female) will be selected.
- Scholar Athlete Nominations: The scholar athlete nominations are due February 10th. Please note that late nominations will not be accepted
- Updated Rules: Please review the CSA’s updated rules
- Club Teams National Championship Fees: Club teams have until 1/15/2011 to declare if they will participate in the Men’s National Team Championships or the Women’s National Team Championships (Howe Cup). If a club team submits payment prior to 1/15/2011, it does not have to formally declare to Pam Saunders, CSA Treasurer, that it plans to participate in the tournaments. Club teams must submit payments for championships by 1/25/2011.
- Varsity Teams National Championship Fees: Varsity teams National Championship entry fees were due December 1, 2010. If there are any squads that have not paid, please contact Pam Saunders immediately.
- Award Nominations: Nominations for the Skillman, RIchey, and Wetzel awards are due by February 1st. As a reminder, here are summaries of each award: Skillman Award is given annually to a senior men’s squash player who has demonstrated outstanding sportsmanship during his entire college career; Richey Award is given annually to the senior women’s player and sportswoman of the year; and Wetzel Award is given annually to the best senior women’s player to learn squash in college