College squash competition ramps into high gear this weekend with a full slate of matches on the docket. From almost all corners of the CSA geographic footprint, teams will acquire crucial early season experience.
- Pennsylvania Bragging Rights Up For Grabs – Penn and Drexel will once again host a round robin competition among varsity teams from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This year, men’s and women’s teams from Chatham, Dickinson, and Franklin & Marshall will compete against the hosts for PA supremacy. The Penn-Drexel and Dickinson-Franklin & Marshall matchups are the headliners of the competition, but look for Chatham to try to spoil the party.
- Virginia Travels North, Western Comes South – Although it’s not a true round robin, Virginia and the Western Ontario men will converge on the tri-state area for a set of matches against common opponents. Virginia against Yale and Columbia, and Western against MIT, Columbia, and Yale are all closely ranked teams, creating intriguing matchups.
- Hobart & William Smith Continue Liberty League Swing – The Statesmen and Herons carry on with their early season road trip through Liberty League country with matches against St. Lawrence and Vassar.
- Navy Round Robin Returns – A regular event on the college squash calendar returns with Navy hosting familiar guests Haverford, Fordham men, Denison, Boston University, and Georgetown women. The women’s matchup between Haverford and Georgetown should present a good early test for both teams.
- Midwest Clubs Venture to Cincinnati – For the first time in recent history, the city of Cincinnati will be the host of a college squash round robin event, with Carnegie Mellon, Kenyon, Indiana, and Michigan heading that way. Special thanks to the Jesters Group and the Cincinnati Country Club to spearheading the effort to host.
- Top Clubs Face Off – Two of the top club teams on the women’s side, Northeastern and Boston College, will square off in a local grudge match this weekend. For the men, Richmond and Georgetown have only one loss between them and will battle it out for an early season leg up on Saturday.
#6 Drexel vs. #8 Penn
#18 Franklin & Marshal vs. #17 Dickinson
#21 William Smith at #20 St. Lawrence
#26 Haverford vs. #27 Georgetown
#1 Penn vs. #5 Drexel
#7 Virginia at #6 Columbia
#7 Virginia at #8 Yale
#12 Western vs. #13 MIT
Order of Play
The order of play for the week from November 11 to November 17 is:
- 3-court system: 1,3,2 / 5,6,4 / 7,8,9
- 5-court system: 2,1 / 4,3 / 6,5 / 8,7 / 10,9