Hatfield, MA — The College Squash Association is proud of the academic success of its players. The CSA recognizes its top varsity and club student athletes with awards.
In general, there is a time commitment difference (practices, matches, travel, etc.) between varsity and club teams. Therefore, the CSA has two versions of this award: Scholar Athletes (varsity players) and Academic Recognition (club players).
Coaches and/or Team Contacts should determine if their players are eligible for the Scholar Athlete or Academic Recognition Awards. If so, coaches and/or team contacts need to submit the Academic Achievement form, which includes certification from the coach/team contact and the school’s registrar, to US Squash (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 10, 2016. Please note that late submissions will be ineligible for the award. If a school has a January term, do not wait for January grades prior to submitting the forms.
Student athletes must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the awards:
- For varsity teams, two-time varsity letter winner at the school he/she is currently attending
- For club teams, two appearances at the National Team Championships
- Has a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or above (please note: GPAs of 3.49 or lower cannot be rounded up to 3.5 for these awards)
- Junior or senior
- Enrolled at his/her present school for one full year prior to the present term
- Played a top-10 ladder position for the majority of scheduled CSA sanctioned matches during the season
More information about the CSA Scholar Athlete and Academic Recognition Awards may be found at Women’s Awards Criteria and Men’s Awards Criteria.
Below are links to the men’s and women’s CSA Academic Achievement forms: