The first Ivy League matches of 2022 headline this CSA weekend of contests with monumental matchups across the board, and particularly on the men’s side. Defending men’s and women’s champions Harvard head south to Penn and Princeton for massive clashes that will set the tone for the remainder of the season.
- Top 3 Showdowns – For their first matches of the year, Harvard (No. 1 women/No. 2 men) jump right into the fire at league rivals Penn and Princeton. Saturday’s men’s match features No. 1 Penn versus Harvard, with some of the best talent in college squash set to face off. The turnaround from that battle will be quick, with both of Princeton’s No. 3 ranked teams waiting to host the Crimson on Sunday.
- Don’t Sleep On Remaining Ivy Slate – Travel partners Columbia-Cornell and Yale-Trinity (in their first season as invited guest) meet up for four Top-8 contests, all of which could feature intrigue and fireworks. Columbia and Cornell are the home teams this weekend, an advantage that could prove vital in close matches.
- Traditional Massachusetts Gathering Set – The Pioneer Valley Invitational, hosted annually by Amherst College and Mount Holyoke College, has gone through several schedule resets in the past several days, with teams hoping to maximize their playing opportunities. Visitors to this round robin event in Northwest Massachusetts include Chatham, Conn College (women), Georgetown (women), Hamilton, Haverford, and Wesleyan.
- Non-Conference Matches Across Regions – Key non-conference matches which could affect future rankings also feature this weekend, primarily in North-vs.-South arrangements. Hobart and William Smith venture north to take on Bowdoin and Colby before Bowdoin locks up with Dickinson. Franklin & Marshall are active at Williams today before welcoming St. Lawrence to Lancaster on Sunday.
#1 Harvard vs. #3 Princeton
#4 Yale vs. #6 Columbia
#19 Brown vs. #21 St. Lawrence (Monday)
#20 Bowdoin vs. #22 William Smith, #18 Dickinson
#25 Conn College vs. #27 Georgetown
#2 Harvard vs. #1 Penn, #3 Princeton
#6 Columbia, #7 Cornell vs. #4 Trinity, #5 Yale
#20 Dickinson vs. #22 Bowdoin
#25 Navy vs. #24 Middlebury, #28 Hamilton
#26 Colby vs. #27 Hobart
#29 Wesleyan vs. #30 Haverford
Order of Play
The order of play through January 19 is:
- 3-court system: 1,3,2 / 4,5,6 / 7,9,8
- 5-court system: 1,2 / 3,4 / 5,6 / 8,7 / 10,9
Live Scoring will be available for many matches during the weekend on Club Locker – Men and Women. Please make sure you check schools’ spectator policies and live streaming options if you plan to tune in to a specific match in the coming days.