The final set of matches before teams focus on final exams and recharging during winter break occur over the next week and a half. For many teams, however, there is no coasting into the break with several close matches scheduled during this weekend alone.
- Border Bragging Rights Up For Grabs – In case anyone is looking for another measure of New York-Connecticut supremacy, look no further than the college squash schedule over the next few days:
- Wesleyan’s teams are in for their first major test of the season when they take on upstate New York stalwarts Hamilton, Hobart & William Smith, and St. Lawrence
- Vassar plays host again this weekend, this time to familiar foes Connecticut College and Haverford
- Columbia and Yale will see who can get the better of the Drexel squads on their respective home turfs. All of that before Columbia welcomes close conference rival Cornell on Sunday.
- Virginia Settles In – After rampaging northward to capture several key early season victories, Virginia will host a home round robin throughout the weekend. Dartmouth, Franklin & Marshall, Georgetown (women only), and MIT (men only) will be in town for a set of competitions.
- Powerhouses On The Road – A few highly ranked teams will make their own trips up north. The Trinity teams will make the standard swing through Maine against Bates, Bowdoin, and Colby, while the men’s teams from Penn and Princeton visit Rochester, who is historically strong at home.
- Local Varsity Host Welcome Clubs – New varsity program Denison will act as friendly host to local men’s club teams Carnegie Mellon, Michigan, and Ohio State. Similarly, Fordham takes on New York University and Swarthmore.
#4 Yale vs. #7 Drexel (postponed to Jan. 9)
#6 Columbia vs. #7 Drexel & #8 Cornell
#24 Wesleyan vs. #21 St. Lawrence, #22 William Smith, #23 Hamilton, and #25 Conn College
#28 Haverford vs. #25 Conn College & #30 Vassar
#5 Drexel vs. #7 Yale (postponed to Jan. 9)
#6 Columbia vs. #5 Drexel & #9 Cornell
#13 MIT vs. #11 Dartmouth & #16 Franklin & Marshall
#29 Wesleyan vs. #27 Hobart, & #28 Hamilton
#30 Conn College vs. #31 Haverford & #29 Wesleyan
Order of Play
The order of play from Dec. 2 through the final matches of the fall term on Dec. 11 is:
- 3-court system: 3,2,1 / 4,6,5 / 9,8,7
- 5-court system: 2,1 / 3,4 / 6,5 / 8,7 / 10,9