Following the release of the men’s team rankings yesterday, the CSA women’s team rankings have been updated today.
On the strength of its nine-match winning streak to start the season, including victories over three of the top six teams, Princeton earns the No. 1 ranking for the first time this season.
Harvard falls back to No. 2, followed very closely by single-loss squads Trinity (No. 3) and Yale (No. 4), who both fell by very tight 4-5 scores to Princeton during the first part of 2019. No. 6 Stanford solidified its position above No. 7 Columbia with its victory over the Lions last Friday.
The Williams women fell two spots to No. 15 after falling to new No. 14 Middlebury last week. Heading the other direction, Tufts jumped two spots to No. 17 after its convincing win over Dickinson earlier this week.
Mount Holyoke is the final major mover in the latest rankings. Although the Lyons have lost to some tough competition, they have won the critical matches to keep steadily marching up the list. Mount Holyoke checks in at No. 25 this week.
The women’s schedule also has several more match-ups this coming week that will impact the weekly rankings report. Those matches include:
- #3 Trinity vs. #4 Yale
- #6 Stanford vs. #4 Yale
- #12 Cornell vs. #8 Drexel
- #10 Brown vs. #14 Middlebury
- #11 Virginia vs. #13 George Washington
- #11 Virginia vs. #15 Williams
- #13 George Washington vs. #15 Williams
- #20 Franklin & Marshall vs. #17 Tufts
- #22 Hamilton vs. #23 Colby
- #25 Mount Holyoke vs. #21 Wesleyan
- #27 St. Lawrence vs. #23 Colby
- #25 Mount Holyoke vs. #27 St. Lawrence
- #28 Haverford vs. #25 Mount Holyoke
Live Scoring will be available for many matches during the weekend on Club Locker.