This is the third week of computerized ranking. At the end of January, an article explaining the computerized ranking methodology was published.
Princeton and Trinity are tied in Elo ranking points. The two teams play on Saturday, which will break the tie with a head-to-head result. With the current tie, the Tigers’ and Bantams’ results were compared as the secondary tie-breaker. Both teams have beaten this week’s 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th-ranked teams. Princeton goes ahead of Trinity with a win against 10th-ranked Brown.
Dartmouth’s victories over Brown and Williams moved the Big Green into the 9th position.
Drexel’s victory over George Washington rearranged the 12th – 16th positions. Virginia moves to 12th, followed by George Washington, Drexel, Bates, and Franklin & Marshall.
The Seven Sisters’ Championship moved Mount Holyoke up to 30th, while fellow competitor Wellesley moved to 27th, followed by Vassar at 28th.
There will be one more ranking prior to the 2017 Women’s College Squash National Team Championships.
As a reminder, the College Squash Association has three ranking phases per season:
- Preseason: CSA varsity coaches will vote on the top-25 varsity teams for the preseason ranking. The Ranking Chair and the Executive Administrator will determine the remaining varsity ranking positions.
- Manual Rankings (November – January 24th): The Executive Administrator and the Ranking Chair will rank all varsity teams manually.
- Computerized Rankings (January 25th – Team Championships): The College Squash Association will rank teams that have played at least five matches utilizing the Elo ranking methodology. If needed, the Ranking Chair may adjust a non-varsity team’s ranking position.
Teams are reminded that to qualify for the National Team Championships, they must meet minimum match requirements:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
Below are the [wtr] as of 2/12/2017. Listed after each school’s name is their previous ranking. Listed after each school’s name is their previous ranking and their Elo point total.
- Harvard University (1; 1267.144)
- Pennsylvania, University of (2; 1237.594)
- Princeton University (4; 1207.709)
- Trinity College (3; 1207.709)
- Yale University (5; 1181.751)
- Stanford University (6; 1161.527)
- Cornell University (7; 1142.154)
- Columbia University (8; 1123.42)
- Dartmouth College (11; 1105.164)
- Brown University (9; 1087.265)
- Williams College (10; 1069.946)
- Virginia, University of (13; 1045.796)
- George Washington University (12; 1042.805)
- Drexel University (16; 1041.035)
- Bates College (14; 1038.065)
- Middlebury College (15; 1034.414)
- Franklin and Marshall College (17; 1030.78)
- Amherst College (18; 1008.538)
- Bowdoin College (19; 986.818)
- Dickinson College (20; 982.589)
- Tufts University (21; 980.788)
- William Smith College (22; 978.847)
- St. Lawrence University (23; 975.838)
- Wesleyan University (24; 975.684)
- Colby College (25; 974.805)
- Hamilton College (26; 966.483)
- Wellesley College (28; 958.97)
- Vassar College (27; 954.642)
- Connecticut College (29; 954.197)
- Mount Holyoke College (31; 950.289)
- Bucknell University (35; 939.504)
- Northeastern University (30; 946.121)
- Haverford College (32; 936.304)
- Boston College* (NR; 936.857)
- Georgetown University (34; 932.92)
- California Berkeley, University of* (36; 988.788)
- Washington University in St. Louis* (37; 917.003)
- Colgate University* (39; 917.591)
- Smith College (33; 906.814)
- Denison University (38; 893.672)
- Rochester, University of (40; 870.709)
- Bard College (41; 847.847)
- New York University (42; 823.512)
- Fordham University (43; 797.111)
- Boston University* (NR; 896.895)
- Johns Hopkins University (44; 766.461)