Hatfield, MA — On Sunday, the e-mail below was sent to coaches and team contacts.
Coaches, Team Contacts, and SIDs,
A few reminders…
Team Rankings: The next rankings will be reviewed on Monday,at 6 PM ET. Please log the results into the US Squash Scoring System; otherwise these matches will not be considered for ranking purposes. Without results in the US Squash Scoring System, your team will not be credited appropriately.
Harrow Sports Player of the Week: Please nominate deserving players for Player of the Week honors by 6 PM ET on Monday.
- Criteria: A Player of the Week should have a significant impact on his or her team’s performance during the prior week and demonstrate sportsmanship.
- Nominations: Coaches, Sports Information Directors, and Team Contacts may nominate players .
SquashCares: The CSA will be supporting SquashCares, an initiative that recycles used squash balls to make therapeutic ball blankets for people with disabilities. For details, please visit the website.
Match Results with “Not on Roster” players: The following teams need to fix their results with “Not on Roster” players. These club teams will not be eligible for rankings or Team Championships if these match results are not fixed.
Men’s Teams (as of 1/22, 5th warning to teams in bold):
- Babson – Brandeis University vs. Babson College – Missing #s 1-9
- Babson – Northeastern University vs. Babson College – Missing #s 2-8
- Bryant – MIT vs. Bryant University – Missing #8
- Bryant – Lehigh University vs. Bryant University – Missing #8
- Cal – University of California, Berkeley vs. Naval Academy – Missing #8
- MIT – MIT vs. Haverford – Missing #9 (first warning)
- North Carolina – UNC vs. Johns Hopkins – Missing #7
- North Carolina – UNC vs. Duke – Missing #9
- Northeastern – Amherst vs. Northeastern – #s 6,7 (first warning)
- Ohio State – Ohio St University vs. University of Notre Dame – Missing #s 1,3,7,8
Women’s Teams (as of 1/22, 4th warning to all teams in bold):
- BC – Northeastern University vs. Boston College – Missing #9
- Bucknell – Bucknell University vs. Denison University – Missing #s 7
- Fordham – Vassar College vs. Fordham University – Missing #s 2,3,9
- Fordham – Mount Holyoke College vs. Fordham University – Missing #1,2,9
- Fordham – Fordham University vs. New York University – Missing #1,4,6,7
Please contact Dent Wilkens (email@example.com) if you need assistance fixing match results with “Not on Roster” players. Remember, as a coach or team contact, you may create a US Squash account for a player who does not have one (see the Managing Your Roster link). You do not have to wait for the individual player to create an account.
SQUASHTV Discounts: SQUASHTV is offering college squash teams discounts on subscription packages. For details, please refer to the website.
Qualifications for Team Nationals:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
Rule Updates: During the offseason, the Executive Committees reviewed the College Squash Association’s rules. In preparation for the 2016 – 2017 season, the College Squash Association has updated six of its rules. An article summarizing the changes was published on the website in October. Coaches and Team Contacts need to be familiar with these rule updates. To see exact changes, please refer to the “Update on″ link at the bottom of the page for each modified rule.
Minimum # of Players: For a regular season match to officially count for ranking purposes, each team must have at least seven players. Matches with fewer than seven players per team will not count towards the required number of matches for entry into the National Team Championships.
Hotels for Team and Individual Championships: In addition to information on Team Championship hotels, hotel information for the individual championships is now on the Championship Info page.
Squash Ball Orders: With the season starting, the CSA encourages you to take advantage of the organization’s relationship with Dunlop to order the balls you need for the year. Revenue from the sales goes to the CSA and helps us meet our mission of supporting continued success of college squash. Balls are sold for $30/dozen. Please contact Dent Wilkens with any questions related to squash ball orders. To place your order, please visit the following link: http://collegesquashasso
Contact Information: If you are receiving this reminder and are no longer your team’s contact, please let Dent Wilkens and Michael T. Bello ASAP.