Hatfield, MA — The College Squash Association is proud of the academic success of its players. The CSA recognizes its top varsity and club student athletes with awards.
In general, there is a time commitment difference (practices, matches, travel, etc.) between varsity and club teams. Therefore, the CSA has two versions of this award: Scholar Athletes (varsity players) and Academic Recognition (club players).
Coaches and/or Team Contacts should determine if their players are eligible for the Scholar Athlete or Academic Recognition Awards. If so, coaches and/or team contacts need to submit the Academic Achievement form, which includes certification from the coach/team contact and the school’s registrar, to US Squash (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 10, 2017. Please note that late submissions will be ineligible for the award. If a school has a January term, do not wait for January grades prior to submitting the forms.
Student athletes must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the awards:
- For varsity teams, two-time varsity letter winner at the school he/she is currently attending
- For club teams, two appearances at the National Team Championships
- Has a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or above (please note: GPAs of 3.49 or lower cannot be rounded up to 3.5 for these awards)
- Junior or senior
- Enrolled at his/her present school for one full year prior to the present term
- Played a top-10 ladder position for the majority of scheduled CSA sanctioned matches during the season
Below are links to the men’s and women’s CSA Academic Achievement forms: