Princeton started the season with real momentum. The Tigers moved from 12th to 11th after victories over George Washington and Franklin & Marshall. George Washington dropped one spot to 12th.
Western Ontario, last season’s Conroy Cup (D Division) champions, defeated Williams, 6-3, and Hobart, 8-1. This moved the Mustangs from 23rd to 18th. Williams and Wesleyan dropped one spot each.
MIT and Tufts each jumped four ranking positions. MIT’s 8-1 victory over Hobart moved the Engineers into the 22nd position, while Tuft’s 6-3 win over Colby shifted the Jumbos to the 23rd spot.
As a reminder, the College Squash Association has three ranking phases per season:
- Preseason: CSA varsity coaches will vote on the top-25 varsity teams for the preseason ranking. The Ranking Chair and the Executive Administrator will determine the remaining varsity ranking positions.
- Manual Rankings (November – January 24th): The Executive Administrator and the Ranking Chair will rank all varsity teams manually.
- Computerized Rankings (January 25th – Team Championships): The College Squash Association will rank teams that have played at least five matches utilizing the Elo ranking methodology. If needed, the Ranking Chair may adjust a non-varsity team’s ranking position.
Teams are reminded that to qualify for the National Team Championships, they must meet minimum match requirements:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
Below are the [mtr] as of 11/27/2016. Listed after each school’s name is their previous ranking.
- Trinity College (1)
- Yale University (2)
- Rochester, University of (3)
- St. Lawrence University (4)
- Harvard University (5)
- Pennsylvania, University of (6)
- Columbia University (7)
- Dartmouth College (8)
- Drexel University (9)
- Cornell University (10)
- Princeton University (12)
- George Washington University (11)
- Franklin & Marshall College (13)
- Naval Academy (14)
- Middlebury College (15)
- Brown University (16)
- Bates College (17)
- Western Ontario, University of (23)
- Williams College (18)
- Wesleyan University (19)
- Amherst College (21)
- MIT (26)
- Tufts University (27)
- Colby College (20)
- Hobart College (22)
- Bowdoin College (24)
- Dickinson College (25)
- Hamilton College (28)
- Connecticut College (29)
- Haverford College (30)
- Bard College (31)
- Vassar College (32)
- Fordham University (33)