Hatfield, MA — On Sunday, the e-mail below was sent to coaches and team contacts.
Coaches, Team Contacts, and SIDs:
A few reminders…
Eyewear Requirement: Proper eyewear is required for all college squash matches, including warmups and match play. Standard eyewear (i.e. everyday prescription glasses) may not be worn in place of acceptable eyewear. Please refer to the CSA’s recent article for more details.
Team Rankings: Rankings will be reviewed on Monday evening (6 PM ET). If your results are not posted to the US Squash Scoring System, they will not be considered for ranking purposes. Without results in the US Squash Scoring System, your team will not be credited appropriately. At most, you have 48 hours after a match is played to submit results. In addition, the sooner results are submitted to the US Squash Scoring System, the greater the chance that your team will be mentioned in the Sunday evening “Around the Courts” article.
Harrow Sports Player of the Week: Please nominate deserving players for Player of the Week honors by 6 PM ET on Monday.
- Criteria: A Player of the Week should have a significant impact on his or her team’s performance during the prior week and demonstrate sportsmanship.
- Nominations: Coaches, Sports Information Directors, and Team Contacts may nominate players.
Hotel Info for Individuals: The official hotel for the 2016 Individual Championships will be the Sheraton Stamford. To book rooms, please use this link.
Team Roster and Schedule Updates: The 2015-2016 CSA league is posted online and available for CSA coaches to update their rosters for the season.
To update your team roster, logon to your account and click on the “manage roster” tab. Then add any new players and remove any that are no longer playing for your team.
Note: If you are not listed as a coach on your team’s page, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your team’s page updated.
Here are links to the instructions on how to add/remove players from your rosters and enter match results.
Minimum # of Players: For a regular season match to officially count for ranking purposes, each team must have at least seven players. Except for Emerging Teams, matches with less than seven players per team will not count towards the required number of matches for entry into the National Team Championships.
Match Results with “Not on Roster” players: As a reminder, make sure your results include all players who participated in the match. Like last season, we are prepared to remove teams from the rankings if “Not on Roster” players are not entered. Please contact Dent Wilkens (email@example.com) if you need assistance fixing match results with “Not on Roster” players. Of the few matches already entered in the US Squash Scoring System, several matches currently include “Not on Roster” players. If these are for your team, please fix the entries ASAP.
Qualifications for Team Nationals:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships in a 9 player division. In addition, club teams must play at least four (4) matches between January 1st and February 10th. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
Rule Updates: During the offseason, the Executive Committees discussed possible rule changes. Many of these proposals were also discussed by coaches during the two-day CSA Strategic Review session, which was held in early June at Yale University. In preparation for the 2015 – 2016 season, the College Squash Association has updated six of its rules:
- All-Americans – Summary Article – Rule Link
- Eligibility Rules – Summary Article – Rule Link
- Media/Broadcast Policy – Summary Article – Rule Link
- National Championship Eligibility – Summary Article – Rule Link
- Penalties (Summary Article) – Summary Article – Rule Link
- Ranking Rules – Summary Article – Rule Link
Coaches and Team Contacts need to be familiar with these rule updates. To see exact changes, please refer to the “Update on″ link at the bottom of the page for each modified rule.
Squash Ball Orders: With the season fast approaching, the CSA encourages you to take advantage of the organization’s relationship with Dunlop to order the balls you need for the year. Revenue from the sales goes to the CSA and helps us meet our mission of supporting continued success of college squash. Balls are sold for $30/dozen. Please contact Dent Wilkens with any questions related to squash ball orders. To place your order, please visit the following link.