Hatfield, MA — On Sunday, the e-mail below was sent to coaches and team contacts.
Coaches, Team Contacts, and SIDs:
A few reminders…
Harrow Sports Player of the Week: Please nominate deserving players for Player of the Week honors by 6 PM ET on Monday. For the first week of the honor, we will cover the period of 10/15 – 11/8.
- Criteria: A Player of the Week should have a significant impact on his or her team’s performance during the prior week and demonstrate sportsmanship.
- Nominations: Coaches, Sports Information Directors, and Team Contacts may nominate players.
Hotel Info for Individuals: The official hotel for the 2016 Individual Championships will be the Sheraton Stamford. To book rooms, please use this link.
Team Rankings: Preseason rankings will be released this week. Please note that the ranking process has changed for this season. To see highlights of the changes, refer to the summary article or view the official ranking rule.
The first regular season weekly ranking cycle that factors in match results will reviewed on the evening of Monday, November 16th. For any teams that have already played matches, please log the results into the US Squash Scoring System; otherwise these matches will not be considered for ranking purposes. Without results in the US Squash Scoring System, your team will not be credited appropriately. Next weekend will also be the season debut of the “Around the Courts” match summary article.
Team Roster and Schedule Updates: The 2015-2016 CSA league is posted online and available for CSA coaches to update their rosters for the season.
To update your team roster, logon to your account and click on the “manage roster” tab. Then add any new players and remove any that are no longer playing for your team.
Note: If you are not listed as a coach on your team’s page, please contact email@example.com to have your team’s page updated.
Here are links to the instructions on how to add/remove players from your rosters and enter match results.
Minimum # of Players: For a regular season match to officially count for ranking purposes, each team must have at least seven players. Except for Emerging Teams, matches with less than seven players per team will not count towards the required number of matches for entry into the National Team Championships.
Match Results with “Not on Roster” players: As a reminder, make sure your results include all players who participated in the match. Like last season, we are prepared to remove teams from the rankings if “Not on Roster” players are not entered. Please contact Dent Wilkens (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need assistance fixing match results with “Not on Roster” players. Of the few matches already entered in the US Squash Scoring System, several matches currently include “Not on Roster” players. If these are for your team, please fix the entries ASAP.
Qualifications for Team Nationals:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships in a 9 player division. In addition, club teams must play at least four (4) matches between January 1st and February 10th. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
Rule Updates: During the offseason, the Executive Committees discussed possible rule changes. Many of these proposals were also discussed by coaches during the two-day CSA Strategic Review session, which was held in early June at Yale University. In preparation for the 2015 – 2016 season, the College Squash Association has updated six of its rules:
- All-Americans – Summary Article – Rule Link
- Eligibility Rules – Summary Article – Rule Link
- Media/Broadcast Policy – Summary Article – Rule Link
- National Championship Eligibility – Summary Article – Rule Link
- Penalties (Summary Article) – Summary Article – Rule Link
- Ranking Rules – Summary Article – Rule Link
Coaches and Team Contacts need to be familiar with these rule updates. To see exact changes, please refer to the “Update on″ link at the bottom of the page for each modified rule.
Squash Ball Orders: With the season fast approaching, the CSA encourages you to take advantage of the organization’s relationship with Dunlop to order the balls you need for the year. Revenue from the sales goes to the CSA and helps us meet our mission of supporting continued success of college squash. Balls are sold for $30/dozen. Please contact Dent Wilkens with any questions related to squash ball orders. To place your order, please visit the following link.
Contact Information: If you are receiving this reminder and are no longer your team’s contact, please let Dent Wilkens and Michael T. Bello ASAP