The final conference championship of the 2021-2022 season – the NESCAC Women’s Championship – is up for grabs this weekend, and many of the matches from that tournament will have implications for the National Collegiate Women’s Team Championships in two weeks. Meantime, a final flurry of men’s matches will allow the rankings to fall into place early next week in preparation for next week’s National Collegiate Men’s Team Nationals and Club Team Nationals.
- NESCAC Preview – Hamilton College will play host to the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) Women’s Championship starting this evening with seeds 6 through 11 in action. Trinity College will be heavy favorites to win their 15th NESCAC title, but like the NESCAC men from last week, intrigue reigns throughout the tournament’s possible match-ups. Tufts University has been impressive this year, earning their program-best No. 2 seed for this year’s event.
- Empire State Battles – Along with the women’s action at Hamilton, college squash should keep their eyes on other contests featured in New York State:
- Cornell hosts several matches throughout the weekend, including their monumental match with Drexel on Saturday. Other key match-ups in Ithaca include Cornell-Western men and Williams-St. Lawrence men.
- No. 10 Rochester travels southeast to No. 6 Columbia for another important men’s contest on Saturday. Rochester carries on to No. 4 Yale on Sunday.
- Once again, Fordham plays host to a variety of club teams who are coming together in preparation for the Club Team Championships.
Finals Rankings on the Line – Old Ivy League foes Brown and Dartmouth renew acquaintances on Saturday with the women’s contest being the headlining No. 10-vs. No. 12 match. The No. 17 Williams men return home to a key tilt against No. 14 MIT on Sunday. No. 12 Western returns to action this weekend after a long layoff and will look to maintain their standing against No. 13 Chatham in Pittsburgh.
NESCAC Championship @ Hamilton College
No. 9 Cornell vs. No. 6 Drexel
No. 10 Brown vs. No. 12 Dartmouth
No. 25 Georgetown vs. No. 31 Denison
No. 6 Drexel vs. No. 3 Princeton (Tuesday)
No. 7 Cornell vs. No. 9 Drexel, No. 12 Western, No. 15 St. Lawrence
No. 13 Chatham vs. No. 12 Western, No. 24 Navy
No. 17 Williams vs. No. 15 St. Lawrence, No. 14 MIT
No. 10 Rochester vs. No. 6 Columbia, No. 4 Yale
Order of Play
The order of play for this week, Thursday Feb. 10 through Wednesday Feb. 16, is:
- 3-court system: 3,1,2 / 4,5,6 / 9,7,8
- 5-court system: 1,2 / 4,3 / 5,6 / 8,7 / 10,9
Live Scoring will be available for many matches during the weekend on Club Locker – Men and Women. Please make sure you check schools’ spectator policies and live streaming options if you plan to tune in to a specific match in the coming days.