It is likely that no other regular season weekend this season will have as great of an impact on the final team standings as this one will. The weekend is teeming with close matches between teams from across the CSA, with all conferences represented, and you will not be able to take your eyes off of the action.
- Ivy Intrigue – For the second weekend in a row, the Ivy League schedule presents some mouthwatering contests, once again with the third-ranked Princeton teams in the center of the action. On back-to-back days, Princeton will renew their rivalries at Yale (No. 4 women/No. 5 men) and Trinity (No. 2 women/No.4 men) in what is a gauntlet of a weekend. Harvard and Dartmouth host Columbia and Cornell in other league play.
- MASC Heavyweights Collide – In what could be a preview of the Mid-Atlantic Squash Championship finals, Virginia (No. 6 women/No. 8 men) travel to Drexel (No. 7 women/No. 9 men) for a Saturday afternoon match. The winner of the men’s match will sit in the driver’s seat for a coveted Top-8 position at the end of the season, and the women’s match is not to be overlooked.
- Jumbos Jump Back into Play – The Tufts teams (No. 12 women/No. 17 men) set high expectations in the fall, and they will be hoping that a delayed start to their January schedule won’t derail their progress. Matches at Brown (No. 17 women/No. 19 men) and home to Amherst (No. 10 women/No. 21 men) will offer two important tests.
- Red Devils on the Road – Dickinson will take a tour of the Empire State this weekend with seven total matches against four different opponents. Dickinson’s No. 20-ranked women will be on a quest to defend their ranking with four successive matches against No. 21 St. Lawrence, No. 23 Hamilton, No. 22 William Smith, and No. 31 Mount Holyoke.
- Franklin & Marshall Plays Host – Lancaster, Pennsylvania will be the crossroads of the CSA this weekend with teams coming from every direction to play a competition and then continue on through. Bowdoin, Chatham, Colby, Haverford, and Georgetown all make a stop at F&M’s home venues before carrying on to other matches during the weekend.
#3 Princeton vs. #2 Trinity, #4 Yale
#6 Virginia vs. #7 Drexel
#10 Amherst vs. #12 Tufts
#18 Bowdoin vs. #19 Franklin & Marshall
#20 Dickinson vs. #21 St. Lawrence, #22 William Smith, #23 Hamilton
#3 Princeton vs. #4 Trinity, #5 Yale
#8 Virginia vs. #9 Drexel
#13 Chatham vs. #18 St. Lawrence
#17 Tufts vs. #19 Brown, #21 Amherst
#29 Wesleyan vs. #31 Conn College
Order of Play
The order of play through January 19 is:
- 3-court system: 3,2,1 / 5,6,4 / 9,8,7
- 5-court system: 1,2 / 4,3 / 6,5 / 8,7 / 10,9
Live Scoring will be available for many matches during the weekend on Club Locker – Men and Women. Please make sure you check schools’ spectator policies and live streaming options if you plan to tune in to a specific match in the coming days.