Middlebury’s victory over Franklin and Marshall moved the Panthers up to 14th in this week’s rankings. Earlier in the season, F&M defeated Drexel and Drexel defeated Middlebury to keep this area of the rankings in flux.
Wesleyan’s 5-4 victory over Bowdoin shifted the 22nd – 26th ranking positions. Bowdoin moves down from 18th to 22nd with the loss, followed by Wesleyan. The 24th – 26th positions go to William Smith, Colby, and Hamilton.
Conn College’s 5-4 victory over Mount Holyoke moved the Camels up to 28th and dropped Mount Holyoke to 29th.
As a reminder, the College Squash Association has three ranking phases per season:
- Preseason: CSA varsity coaches will vote on the top-25 varsity teams for the preseason ranking. The Ranking Chair and the Executive Administrator will determine the remaining varsity ranking positions.
- Manual Rankings (November – January 24th): The Executive Administrator and the Ranking Chair will rank all varsity teams manually.
- Computerized Rankings (January 25th – Team Championships): The College Squash Association will rank teams that have played at least five matches utilizing the Elo ranking methodology. If needed, the Ranking Chair may adjust a non-varsity team’s ranking position.
Teams are reminded that to qualify for the National Team Championships, they must meet minimum match requirements:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
Below are the [wtr] as of 1/15/2017. Listed after each school’s name is their previous ranking.
- Harvard University (1)
- Pennsylvania, University of (2)
- Trinity College (3)
- Princeton University (4)
- Stanford University (5)
- Yale University (6)
- Columbia University (7)
- Cornell University (8)
- Dartmouth College (9)
- Brown University (10)
- Williams College (11)
- George Washington University (12)
- Franklin and Marshall College (13)
- Middlebury College (15)
- Drexel University (14)
- Bates College (16)
- Amherst College (17)
- Tufts University (19)
- St. Lawrence University (20)
- Wellesley College (21)
- Dickinson College (22)
- Bowdoin College (18)
- Wesleyan University (24)
- William Smith College (25)
- Colby College (26)
- Hamilton College (23)
- Vassar College (27)
- Connecticut College (29)
- Mount Holyoke College (28)
- Haverford College (30)