This is the third week of the new computerized ranking. This is the final regular season rankings prior to the first Team Championship weekend. Club teams are now included in the team rankings. These rankings will seed the Team Championships.
Earlier this month, an article explaining the computerized ranking methodology was published. Below are a few important items about the computerized rankings:
- It is important to note that the computerized rankings have no dependence on when the matches were played. A match played on November 1st has the same importance as a match played on the final day of the regular season or in a league championship.
- For each ranking calculation, all matches are taken into account up to the ranking date.
- A 5-4 team win or loss has the same significance as a 9-0 win or loss.
- Teams that have a bye week may still move up or down in the rankings depending on the results of other teams that played that week.
It was a very eventful final weekend of the regular season. Despite their loss to St. Lawrence, Trinity keeps the top ranking position. Penn’s losses to Columbia and Cornell move the Quakers down to the 5th ranking position. Columbia remains at #8 after a loss to Drexel, but Cornell moves up to 10th.
Despite the victory over Columbia, Drexel remained at the 9th ranking position. Columbia’s victory over Penn gave the Lions just enough ELO points to maintain the final position in the Potter Cup draw.
The 10th through 12th ranking positions were also in flux. Cornell’s victories over Penn and Franklin & Marshall moved the Big Red up to 10th. With this week’s victory over George Washington and loss to Navy, Franklin & Marshall fell to 12th. George Washington, who earlier in the season defeated Cornell and Navy, slides into the 11th position. Navy moved up to 14th with their victory over Franklin & Marshall.
Virginia debuts in the rankings at 20th. They are the highest ranked club squad entering Team Championships.
Please note certain club teams received an exception to enter Team Championships due to cancelled matches during the regular season.
Below are the [mtr] as of February 14, 2016. Listed after each school’s name is their previous ranking and their ELO point total.
- Trinity College (1; 1207.911)
- Yale University (2; 1202.236)
- St. Lawrence University (5; 1200.993)
- Rochester, University of (4; 1197.297)
- Pennsylvania, University of (3; 1190.945)
- Harvard University (6; 1189.43)
- Dartmouth College (7; 1188.743)
- Columbia University (8; 1187.633)
- Drexel University (9; 1185.773)
- Cornell University (12; 1175.098)
- George Washington University (10; 1169.889)
- Franklin and Marshall College (11; 1165.559)
- Princeton University (13; 1160.029)
- Naval Academy (15; 1156.681)
- Middlebury College (14; 1154.536)
- Brown University (16; 1145.714)
- Bates College (17; 1145.239)
- Williams College (18; 1125.834)
- Wesleyan University (19; 1109.238)
- University of Virginia (NR; 1106.731)
- Colby College (20; 1104.264)
- Amherst College (21; 1086.105)
- Bowdoin College (22; 1074.668)
- Hobart College (23; 1063.494)
- Western Ontario (24; 1049.908)
- MIT (25; 1048.472)
- Dickinson College (26; 1045.247)
- Johns Hopkins University (NR; 1043.792)
- Denison University (NR; 1041.759)
- Bucknell University (NR; 1039.824)
- Stanford University (NR; 1032.722)
- Hamilton College (27; 1018.2)
- Tufts University (28; 1013.701)
- Connecticut College (29; 1009.212)
- Haverford College (30; 996.455)
- New York University (NR; 986.953)
- Georgetown University (NR; 975.251)
- Fordham University (31; 962.045)
- Chicago, University of (NR; 957.046)
- Lehigh University (NR; 950.311)
- Richmond, University of (NR; 938.368)
- Miami, University of (NR; 931.667)
- Northeastern University (NR; 929.554)
- Washington, University of (NR; 929.063)
- Boston University (NR; 926.776)
- Bard College (32; 921.697)
- Minnesota, University of (NR; 919.856)
- Boston College (NR; 915.81)
- Northwestern University (NR; 913.744)
- Colgate University (NR; 909.95)
- Penn State University (NR; 908.649)
- Washington University in St. Louis (NR; 901.492)
- Swarthmore College (NR; 897.966)
- Vassar College (33; 885.372)
- Notre Dame, University of (NR; 878.847)
- Davidson College (NR; 872.326)
- North Carolina Chapel Hill, University of (NR; 866.177)
- Siena College (NR; 861.681)
- Lafayette College (NR; 861.329)
- Duke University (NR; 855.567)
- Oregon, University of (NR; 848.036)
- Southern California, University of (NR; 843.702)
- Vanderbilt University (NR; 843.676)
- California Berkeley, University of (NR; 839.573)