Hatfield, MA — On Sunday, the e-mail below was sent to coaches and team contacts.
A few reminders…
Team Rankings: The next rankings will be reviewed on Monday, at 6 PM ET. If your results are not posted to the US Squash Scoring System, they will not be considered for ranking purposes. Without results in the US Squash Scoring System, your team will not be credited appropriately. At most, you have 48 hours after a match is played to submit results. This week marks the beginning of computer based rankings. On Monday (2/1), there will be a detailed article on the CSA website explaining more about the computerized rankings.
Minimum # of Players: For a regular season match to officially count for ranking purposes, each team must have at least seven players. Matches with fewer than seven players per team will not count towards the required number of matches for entry into the National Team Championships. Matches with fewer than seven players will continue to be erased from the US Squash Scorning System and will not count towards qualification for Team Championships.
Awards: Nominations for the women’s Richey and Wetzel Awards and the men’s Skillman Award are due on February 1st.
MCSA Award Nominations: Nominations for the Skillman Award are due by February 1st, while nominations for the Barnaby and Sloane Awards are due by February 10th.
- Nomination Form:
- Award Descriptions: Here is a link to descriptions of each award: http://csasquash.wpengine.com/rules/mens-bylaws/mens-awards-criteria/
WCSA Award Nominations: Nominations for the Richey and Wetzel Awards are due by February 1st, while nominations for the Most Improved Team and Chaffee Awards are due by February 10th.
- Nomination Form:
- Award Descriptions: Here is a link to descriptions of each award: http://csasquash.wpengine.com/rules/womens-bylaws/womens-awards-criteria/
Scholar Athlete/Academic Recognition Nominations: Nominations and forms for Scholar Athlete/Academic Recognition must be submitted to Dent Wilkens (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 10th. Late submissions will not be accepted. If a school has a January term, do not wait for January grades prior to submitting the forms. Here is a link to the article with this year’s forms: http://csasquash.wpengine.com/2016/01/07/2015-2016-csa-scholar-athlete-award-and-academic-recognition-award-nominations/
Club Teams and Qualifications for Team Championships: As a reminder, club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships in a 9-player division. In addition, club teams must play at least four (4) matches during the second semester prior to Team Championships. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents. Each team must have at least seven players compete for a match to count towards qualifications (see Minimum # of Players reminder above). In addition, “Not on Roster” matches must be fixed (see reminder below).
To track club teams’ progress, use the links below.
- Men’s Club Qualification for Team Championship Status
- Women’s Club Team Qualification for Team Championship Status
ReBound Initiative: As announced, the CSA will support the ReBound Initiative. The ReBound Initiative aims to collect usable squash gear, such as racquets, goggles, shoes, and grips, and donate it to the emerging international affiliates of NUSEA. Please remember to bring your collected gear to Team Championships for donation to the ReBound Initiative.
Harrow Sports Player of the Week: Please nominate deserving players for Player of the Week honors by 6 PM ET on Monday.
- Criteria: A Player of the Week should have a significant impact on his or her team’s performance during the prior week and demonstrate sportsmanship.
- Nominations: Coaches, Sports Information Directors, and Team Contacts may nominate players by using the following link
Match Results with “Not on Roster” players: As a reminder, make sure your results include all players who participated in the match. If these “Not on Roster” players are not corrected, the club teams below will not be ranked at the end of the season and will be ineligible to compete in Team Championships. Please contact Dent Wilkens (email@example.com) if you need assistance fixing match results with “Not on Roster” players.
Men’s Matches with “Not on Roster” players (as of 1/31 at 2 PM):
- Cal Berkeley: Minnesota, Oregon (both matches), Washington, and USC matches (1st warning)
- Duke: Lafayette and Swarthmore matches (1st warning)
- Maryland: Miami and UNC matches (1st warning)
- Vanderbilt: Dickinson match (1st warning)
Women’s Matches with “Not on Roster” players (as of 1/31 at 2 PM):
- Northwestern: Minnesota match (1st warning)Team Roster and Schedule Updates: The 2015-2016 CSA league is posted online and available for CSA coaches to update their rosters for the season.To update your team roster, logon to your account and click on the “manage roster” tab. Then add any new players and remove any that are no longer playing for your team.Note: If you are not listed as a coach on your team’s page, please contact dent.wilkens@ussquash.
com to have your team’s page updated.Here are links to the instructions on how to add/remove players from your rosters and enter match results.Rule Updates: During the offseason, the Executive Committees discussed possible rule changes. Many of these proposals were also discussed by coaches during the two-day CSA Strategic Review session, which was held in early June at Yale University. In preparation for the 2015 – 2016 season, the College Squash Association has updated six of its rules:
- All-Americans – Summary Article – Rule Link
- Eligibility Rules – Summary Article – Rule Link
- Media/Broadcast Policy – Summary Article – Rule Link
- National Championship Eligibility – Summary Article – Rule Link
- Penalties (Summary Article) – Summary Article – Rule Link
- Ranking Rules – Summary Article – Rule LinkCoaches and Team Contacts need to be familiar with these rule updates. To see exact changes, please refer to the “Update on″ link at the bottom of the page for each modified rule.