Trinity regained the top ranking position by defeating St. Lawrence. The Bantams were last ranked 1st in the nation on February 2, 2014.
Columbia’s and Yale’s victory over Rochester moved the Lions to 3rd and the Bulldogs to 4th.
With Navy’s victory over Williams and Williams’ win against George Washington, the 14th through 17th ranking positions became clearer. Bates, George Washington, Navy, and Williams have traded matches throughout the season. Amongst that group of four, the teams were ranked by individual victories against each other.
Colby’s victory over Amherst moved the Mules to 21st, while Hobart’s 5-4 upset of Bowdoin moved the Statesmen to the 23rd position.
Northeastern dropped to 39th with a loss to Haverford. Northwestern’s victory over Haverford moved the Wildcats to the 42nd position.
Miami’s success at the Jesters Southeastern Team Tournament moved the Hurricanes up from 66th to 46th.
Teams are reminded that to qualify for the National Team Championships, they must meet minimum match requirements:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships in a 9 player division. In addition, club teams must play at least four (4) matches between January 1st and February 10th. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
For a regular season match to officially count for ranking purposes, each team must have at least seven players. Except for Emerging Teams, matches with less than seven players per team will not count towards the required number of matches for entry into the National Team Championships.
Below are the [mtr] as of January 18, 2014. Listed after each school’s name is their previous ranking.
- Trinity College (2)
- St. Lawrence University (1)
- Columbia University (5)
- Yale University (6)
- Rochester, University of (3)
- Harvard University (4)
- Cornell University (7)
- Princeton University (8)
- Franklin and Marshall College (9)
- Pennsylvania, University of (10)
- Dartmouth College (11)
- Drexel University (12)
- Brown University (14)
- Naval Academy (16)
- Williams College (13)
- Bates College (15)
- George Washington University (17)
- Western Ontario, University of (18)
- Middlebury College (19)
- Wesleyan University (20)
- Colby College (23)
- Amherst College (21)
- Hobart College (26)
- Bowdoin College (22)
- Hamilton College (24)
- Connecticut College (25)
- Stanford University (27)
- Virginia, University of (28)
- Georgetown University (29)
- Bucknell University (30)
- Johns Hopkins University (31)
- Tufts University (32)
- MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) (33)
- Denison University (35)
- Lehigh University (36)
- Colgate University (37)
- Boston College (38)
- Bryant University (39)
- Northeastern University (34)
- Boston University (40)
- New York University (41)
- Northwestern University (44)
- Haverford College (42)
- Chicago, University of (43)
- Washington University (St. Louis) (45)
- Miami, University of (66)
- Charleston, College of (46)
- Pennsylvania State University (47)
- Fordham University (48)
- Richmond, University of (49)
- Washington, University of (50)
- Swarthmore College (51)
- California Berkeley, University of (52)
- Minnesota, University of (53)
- Dickinson College (54)
- Southern California (USC), University of (55)
- Vassar College (56)
- Siena College (57)
- Bard College (58)
- Notre Dame, University of (59)
- Vanderbilt University (60)
- Sewanee: University of the South (61)
- Vermont, University of (62)
- Duke University (63)
- Oregon, University of (64)
- Lafayette College (65)
- North Carolina, University of (NR)