Northampton, MA — On Sunday, the e-mail below was sent to CSA coaches, team contacts, and Sports Information Directors.
Coaches, Team Contacts, and SIDs,
A few reminders:
- Eyewear Policy: As a reminder, standard eyewear (i.e. everyday prescription glasses) may not be worn in place of acceptable eyewear. For more information, please see the recent article on the CSA website.
- Harrow Sports Player of the Week: Please nominate deserving players for Player of the Week honors by 6 PM ET Monday (11/12).
- Criteria: A Player of the Week should have a significant impact on his or her team’s performance during the prior week and demonstrate sportsmanship.
- Nominations: For the first player of the week of the season, ANY team match played so far this season is eligible (except for Ivy Scrimmages). Coaches, Sports Information Directors, and Team Contacts may nominate players by using the following link: [in e-mail]
- Recording Results: Please enter your match scores ASAP. Without results in the US Squash Scoring System, your team will not be credited appropriately. At most, you have 48 hours after a match is played to submit results. In addition, the quicker results are submitted to the US Squash Scoring System, the greater the chance that your team is mentioned in the Sunday evening “Around the Courts” article.
- Match Results with “Not on Roster” players: A few teams still have “Not on Roster” players in their match results. Like last season, we are prepared to remove teams from the rankings if “Not on Roster” players are not entered.
- Instructions on the US Squash Scoring System:Detailed instructions may be found on entering matches and adding players to your roster on the CSA website. Here are the links.
- Qualifications for Team Nationals:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships in a 9 player division. In addition, club teams must play at least four (4) matches between January 1st and February 10th. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.