After Yale’s 5-4 victory over Princeton, the Bulldogs took over the 4th ranking position.
The order of the teams in the 7 – 10 positions is deadlocked. Once this week’s final matches are played, this group will be adjusted.
The NESCAC tournament shuffled the teams. Middlebury moves to 14, Williams to 15, and Hamilton to 16.
Wellesley’s Seven Sisters Championship moved the Blue Pride to the 22nd position.
Bucknell’s victory over Haverford allowed the Bisons to enter the 32nd spot.
Teams are reminded that to qualify for the National Team Championships, they must meet minimum match requirements:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships in a 9 player division. In addition, club teams must play at least four (4) matches between January 1st and February 10th. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
For a regular season match to officially count for ranking purposes, each team must have at least seven players. Except for Emerging Teams, matches with less than seven players per team will not count towards the required number of matches for entry into the National Team Championships.
Below are the [wtr] as of February 2, 2014. Listed after each school’s name is their previous ranking.
- Harvard University (1)
- Trinity College (2)
- Pennsylvania, University of (3)
- Yale University (5)
- Princeton University (4)
- Cornell University (6)
- Stanford University (7)
- Dartmouth College (8)
- Columbia University (9)
- Brown University (10)
- George Washington University (11)
- Bates College (12)
- Drexel University (13)
- Middlebury College (16)
- Williams College (14)
- Hamilton College (15)
- Amherst College (17)
- Franklin and Marshall College (18)
- St. Lawrence University (19)
- Bowdoin College (20)
- Wesleyan University (21)
- Wellesley College (23)
- Mount Holyoke College (22)
- Colby College (24)
- Tufts University (25)
- William Smith College (26)
- Connecticut College (27)
- Georgetown University (28)
- Virginia, University of (29)
- Boston College (30)
- Johns Hopkins University (31)
- Bucknell University (43)
- Haverford College (32)
- Northeastern University* (33)
- Colgate University (34)
- Smith College (35)
- Rochester, University of* (36)
- Northwestern University (37)
- New York University (NR)
- Fordham University (38)
- Minnesota, University of (39)
- Denison University* (40)
- California (NR)
- Washington University in St. Louis (41)
- North Carolina, University of* (NR)
- Notre Dame, University of (42)
- Vanderbilt University* (44)
* = Not competing at Team Championships