About Franklin & Marshall College:
Franklin & Marshall College is a residential college dedicated to excellence in undergraduate liberal education. Its aims are to inspire in young people of high promise and diverse backgrounds a genuine and enduring love for learning, to teach them to read, write, and think critically, to instill in them the capacity for both independent and collaborative action, and to educate them to explore and understand the natural, social, and cultural worlds in which they live. In so doing, the College seeks to foster in its students’ qualities of intellect, creativity, and character, that they may live fulfilling lives and contribute meaningfully to their occupations, their communities, and their world.
Franklin & Marshall College is recruiting for a part-time Assistant Squash Coach
- Location: F&M Campus – Lancaster, PA
- Classification: Part-time, Nonexempt
- Schedule: Varies, includes evenings and weekends
- Reports to: Head Squash Coach
- Department: Athletics and Recreation
- Apply on Website: HERE
The Assistant Coach is responsible for providing effective leadership for, and day-to-day management of, the sports program. The Head Coach supports the academic mission of the college through athletics and recreation programs by teaching and demonstrating examples of leadership and value based decision making to student-athletes. The Assistant Coach provides management and oversight of the program in the absence of the Head Coach.
- Implements and maintains a standard of performance consistent with the College’s goals of academic and athletic excellence. Promotes academic achievement among athletes. Consults with and works collaboratively with the Athletic Director and the Associate Director of Student-Athlete Health and Welfare regarding the academic performance of student-athletes as appropriate.
- Provides instruction, mentoring, coaching, evaluation of, and guidance to student-athletes to allow them to develop their athletic skills and abilities to maximum potential. Determines appropriate coaching methods and strategies in consultation with the Director of Athletics & Recreation. Provides effective leadership, mentoring and supervision to Assistant Coaches. Provides assistance in scheduling and organizing games & meets. Develops and communicates practice schedules.
- Assist the Head Coach with managing the program within budgetary guidelines to avoid exceeding budgetary limits. Submits all budget-related reports as required in a timely manner. Advises the Head Coach of resource needs, including funding needs and staffing needs. Assists Head Coach in formulating annual budget requests as necessary.
- Assure facilities and equipment are prepared in advance of practice sessions and games/meets/matches. Report & monitor proper maintenance of equipment and practice and contest facilities to ensure safe playing conditions. Recruiting coordinator with head coach in developing and implementing internal recruiting strategies and programs to identify and attract promising student-athletes; maintains contact with promising athletes and provides prompt follow-up to inquiries from potential athletes.
To learn more about the Athletics and Recreation Department, please click HERE.
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Minimum 1 year previous coaching experience is required
- Current CPR, AED, and first aid certification is required
- Must pass the NCAA Division III Coaches test
- Must pass large van certification within 90 days of hire
- Ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
- Because this position requires driving for college business, the successful candidate must possess a U.S. or Canadian driver’s license which has been valid for at least two years, have a driving record that is free from excessive motor vehicle violations within the last three years, and have had no convictions in the last 24 months for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Because this position works with minors (non F&M students under the age of 18) please review the link below that includes information regarding the protection of minors. Click HERE.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, Pennsylvania ACT 153 background clearances, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.
Franklin & Marshall College strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
Part-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff enjoy access to all College facilities, including dining venues to suit all tastes, free access to recreation and fitness facilities for the employee dependent family members, free access to College libraries, plus free or reduced access to most College performances, lectures, and events, on-site professional development workshops, and health and wellness activities. Discounts are available on Lancaster YMCA memberships, long-term care insurance, and the campus bookstore. Medical benefits are not available to part-time employees.
Franklin & Marshall College is committed to having an inclusive campus community where all members are treated with dignity and respect. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender/gender-identity, sex, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, genetic information, family or marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class.
All submitted materials must be submitted via this online process. We regret we are unable to accept applications or resumes submitted via mail, email, or fax. As you are submitting your application via this online process, please ensure that you provide an accurate email address. You will then receive an acknowledgment indicating that your application materials have been received. Individuals who need accommodations due to a disability in order to submit an application or attend an employment interview should contact Human Resources at (717) 358-3996.