Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body. The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Assistant Men’s and Women’s Squash Coach position. Given Amherst’s distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ways in which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
The Assistant Men’s and Women’s Squash Coach will report to the Head Coach and is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all phases of the Men’s and Women’s Squash Programs including the recruitment of a diverse set of student-athletes, assisting with daily operations, practice implementation, and other duties assigned by the Head Coach and Director of Athletics. Requires a variable schedule; night, weekend work, and overnight travel to away meets and tournaments will be required. The Assistant Coach takes appropriate actions to support a diverse student body and workforce and participates in the College’s efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming environment.
This is a non-benefitted position.
Summary of Duties and Qualifications:
- Assist with coaching strategies and teaching methods to develop student-athletes’ skill and teamwork
- Analyze performance of teams and individuals and provide leadership and instruction
- Assist in pre-season, in-season, and post-season training and practice planning
- Participate in scouting and recruitment of a diverse set of prospective student-athletes
- Help monitor the progress of prospective student-athletes’ application process
- Help coordinate and organize potential student-athlete on-campus visits
- Compliance with College, NESCAC, and NCAA rules and regulations
- Work with the Head Coach to develop and strengthen team culture and create a diverse and inclusive program
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid driver’s license to drive college vehicles to team competition when necessary. Requires successful completion of Five College Risk Management driver credentialing program. (See: https://www.fivecolleges.edu/riskmgmt/driver_credentialing)
- Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience
- An understanding of the role intercollegiate athletics in a highly competitive academic environment
- Commitment to or experience working with a diverse community
Amherst College offers many opportunities for professional growth and development, continued learning, and career advancement.
Amherst College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (medical and religious exemptions may apply).
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs. Please be sure to upload all requested documents prior to clicking Submit. Applications cannot be revised once submitted. (Current employees and students should apply by clicking on the Career icon from their Workday home screen) Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To find information about job group and level (JGL) follow this link.