Type: Full Time
The Cincinnati Squash Academy (CSA) is a sports & education non-profit that uses the game of squash to help transform talented students in under-resourced communities into
scholar-athletes and future leaders on the pathway to post-secondary success. CSA provides year-round support in the following areas: academics, athletics, cultural exposure, community service, and mentorship. CSA is part of a national network of urban squash programs that exist across the country under the umbrella of the Squash & Education Alliance.
Overview: The Cincinnati Squash Academy (CSA) is seeking a driven and innovative Squash Coordinator with a passion for helping young people achieve their athletic and academic potential. CSA believes in providing opportunities for professional growth and encourages its staff to develop skills in a wide range of program areas. The Squash Coordinator must be willing to work weekends. This full-time position is not just a coaching job.
Start Date: The ideal candidate will start in February or March of 2022.
● Facilitate year-round squash and fitness sessions
● Supervise, manage, and recruit all squash volunteers
● Develop and implement long-term squash and fitness curriculum with standards to track
individual student progress
● Use SalesForce as the primary system for all data tracking
● Manage US Squash memberships for all students along with Club Locker profiles,
scoring, ladders, etc.
● Network with other organizations, squash clubs, and other services to refer students and
● Oversee squash uniform and equipment inventory/maintenance
● Ensure clean and welcoming space by the courts
● Collaborate on program-wide initiatives and projects
● Support students in their athletic, academic, and personal growth through programming
● Act as an ambassador for the organization and assist with development events and
stewardship as needed
● Work as a team with other staff members and be willing to help others
● School Year: Monday through Friday 10 am to 6 pm, with 1-2 weekend tournaments
each month through the squash season, and 2-3 out of town trips per year
● Summer: Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm
● Opportunities for remote work outside of direct programming hours
Qualifications & Skills:
While no one person will embody all the qualities enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences.
● Bachelor’s degree
● Experience playing and coaching squash; in particular, group and clinic-based coaching
for beginner to intermediate level players
● Sensitivity to different cultures and communities with a commitment to youth development
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
● Self-motivated, proactive, and willing to “roll-up sleeves” to execute day-to-day activities
● Valid driver’s license
● Ability to pass a criminal background check and driving record check
● Competitive salary ($42,000 to $48,000), commensurate with experience
● Generous benefits package: health, dental, and vision coverage; PTO policy (2 weeks in
December, 1 week in March, 10 flex days, and most national holidays)
● 401k retirement plan with company match
● Opportunity to work in a dynamic, small non-profit and make a difference in the
● Opportunities for advancement in a growing organization
The Cincinnati Squash Academy operates out of The Emanuel Community Center (ECC) in Over-the-Rhine, Cincinnati. ECC houses three state-of-the-art squash courts and is located directly across from Washington Park and historic Music Hall. The facility is also within walking distance from major-league stadiums, riverfront parks, theaters, and museums.
Located on the Ohio River, Cincinnati is a city of hills with three major league sports teams
(Cincinnati Reds, FC Cincinnati, and Cincinnati Bengals), eight Fortune 500 Companies, and a metro population of over 2.2 million. An affordable place to live, Cincinnati has a friendly, Midwestern culture and a highly regarded park system. The city has a strong squash community, with six squash facilities, five local squash professionals, and a longstanding commitment to junior development. Cincinnati was also recently ranked #8 of Top Places to Visit by the New York Times (2018).
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to our hiring committee at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Cincinnati Squash Academy is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse staff and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.