This position is responsible for the administration of the Men’s and Women’s Squash program during the 2021-22 academic year. It will transition to coaching the women’s program only following this academic year. The Head Coach is responsible for managing a sufficient roster of student-athletes while making both academic and athletic success a priority and embracing the Division III liberal arts experience. The position is responsible for recruiting and developing student athletes, organizational and fiscal management of the program, scheduling and conducting matches/practices and the implementation of match strategies.
- Educate and develop student-athletes to prepare them for success within the intercollegiate squash program, classroom, and community. Plan and implement valuable learning experiences where student-athletes are challenged to excel both in the classroom and on the squash courts. Focusing on supporting academic and athletic achievement along with leadership expectations through mentoring and individual check-ins. Prepare individual student-athletes to have success in competition through physical conditioning, instruction of competitive strategies, and skill development. Provide coaching during practice sessions as well as during competition. Conducting teambuilding activities to create a cohesive environment.
- Recruit qualified student-athletes to Dickinson through attending camps, showcases, games, practices, etc. Initiate and maintain communication with prospective recruits through letters, email, telephone calls, social media, home visits and hosting/coordinating on-campus visits based on NCAA compliance standards and regulations.
- Management of operational/administrative functions. Oversees the fiscal/budgetary components for the squash program. Schedule all practices and matches. Organizes team travel, meals, and overnight accommodations.
- Maintain relationships and engages with alumni athletes and parents through telephone calls, social media, letters, emails, and creating/attending alumni events. Assists in raising funds for the squash program and the athletic department. Plan and implement community programming such as clinics, camps, and service opportunities, etc.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Service on various committees within Athletics Department.
- Orientation of students to the department/facilities.
- Representing Dickinson College at various speaking engagements, as requested.
- Participate on the student conduct resolution process, as requested.
- Attend monthly department meetings.
- Maintain accurate program records including credit card receipts.
- Participate in game administration for department events.
- Work cooperatively with department offices, including marketing and communications, athletic training and equipment staffs in promotion and operation of intercollegiate program.
- Work with the College’s maintenance and housekeeping staff to ensure proper and efficient operation of facilities.
Required: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred: Master’s degree
Valid Driver’s License
5-8 years’ related work experience.
The full job description can be found at this link.