The Head Coach will be responsible for organizing and administering all aspects of the squash programs including: coaching, practice and game preparation, recruiting, scheduling, supervising personnel, fund-raising, alumni relations, stewardship, budgeting and complying with NCAA and Council of Ivy Group Presidents (Ivy League Conference), and Columbia University rules and regulations
- Recruiting quality student-athletes capable of pursuing the baccalaureate degree as demonstrated by maintenance of an exemplary graduation rate
- Demonstrating excellent teaching and coaching competencies with regard to: (a) sport skill instruction, (b) motivation, and (c) tactical strategies Achieving competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence
- Achieving competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence
- Providing leadership in the personal development of student-athletes by projecting a positive and professional image
- Providing opportunities for the social, emotional and academic development, as well as the athletic welfare, of student-athletes
- Designing a competitive schedule that maximizes student-athlete development and performance
- Managing a cost-effective and administratively efficient sport program
- Demonstrating excellent writing, speaking and listening skills
- Relating well to officials, high school and club coaches, media, and the general public
- Participating in friend, fan, and fund-raising activities with the expectation of meeting or exceeding revenue expectations
- Training and supervising assistant coaches with the goal of developing head coach capabilities
- Participating in continuing education conferences, workshops, or meetings to increase professional skills and knowledge
- Training and supervising support staff when appropriate
- Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with adherence to NCAA, Council of Ivy League Presidents, University, and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations
- Contributing to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Department
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Director, Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
- A high level of competency in squash skill instruction and motivation, preferably at the NCAA Division I level.
- An understanding of the role of intercollegiate athletics in a highly competitive academic environment.
- Strong recruiting, teaching and coaching skills; an inherent ability to build and maintain positive relationships with student-athletes, staff and alumni.
- Dedication to the mission of the University and commitment to gender equity and diversity are essential.
- Valid Driver’s License
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY THROUGH THIS LINK: https://apply.interfolio.com/92865