The United States Naval Academy is a competitive Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence. The Naval Academy Athletic Association is now accepting applications for the position of Assistant Coach for the Men’s Squash team.
The Assistant Coach will be responsible for performing various duties and responsibilities, including (but not limited to):
- Adhere to NCAA, CSA and NAAA rules and regulations to protect student athletes, and ensure the program is abiding by the correct compliance protocols and procedures.
- Will provide support in fundraising for the squash program and growing our brand through social media platforms
- Aide in recruiting and retaining qualified student athletes
- Collaborate on developing practice, training sessions and game day plans for both singles and doubles play.
- Work alongside our faculty rep and officer rep to support academic and military growth and progress within our team
- Assist with coordinating and performing various administrative tasks, including working with the Equipment Room, Business Office, Compliance Office, and Facilities Office, to name a few.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and traveling requirements
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: Squash Coaching and/or Playing Experience at the high school, college, or pro level. Experience playing doubles would be an added bonus.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge and understanding of all aspects squash and the ability to teach technical and strategical aspects. Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to work well under pressure in a diverse community. Ability to understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures. Ability to understand, follow and enforce the standards of life at a service academy.
- Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to: Elise Winder – Director of Human Resources, NAAA via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be accepted until June 24, 2021
- The Naval Academy Athletic Association is an EEO/AA Employer