Yale University, conveniently located between Boston and New York, offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Located in the heart of historic downtown New Haven with more than 100 local boutiques, national retailers, cafés, casual eateries, award-winning restaurants, and world-renowned theaters, galleries, and museums.
General Purpose: Assists the Head Men’s and Women’s Squash Coach in formulating, teaching, and coaching technical aspects of game preparation and game strategy for a Division I intercollegiate Squash athletic program. Assists in directing competitions, practice, administrative activities, alumni relations activities, and the recruitment process for student athletes. Develops a varsity sporting program within the parameters of the structure and regulations of the Ivy League, other athletic leagues, the NCAA, and the University.
Required Education and Experience: 1. Bachelor’s degree and one year of collegiate coaching experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. 2. Knowledge of NCAA and Ivy League regulations. 3. Professional certification in water safety, advanced lifesaving, health services, first aid, CPR or other areas may be required for some positions.
- Knowledge of effective coaching techniques and best practices. Ability to work in a diverse work environment and ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with school administrators, parents, students and alums.
- Ability to organize and manage all facets of the program including recruiting, scouting, individual instruction, budget planning, monitoring academic progress and success of student-athletes, and general day to day operations.
- Ability to lead and work independently as well as within a team environment. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with student-athletes, coaches and athletic and university administration. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends. Travel required.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/YaleCareers65900BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country’s great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.