• Lead daily squash and fitness practices for players of various ages and skill levels
• Develop long-term squash and fitness training plan which will inform daily lessons/practices, and implement fitness and nutrition program.
• Manage squash equipment and uniforms for all program participants
• Oversee tournament selections and enrollment as well as US Squash memberships and Squash and Education Alliance (SEA)-related activities, and ensure squash and fitness spaces are organized, clean, and inspiring.
• Support education staff in execution of academic program including homework help, literacy instruction, and in-school advocacy.
• Track student attendance, timeliness, and preparation on a daily basis.
• Manage pre- and post-program logistics, including walking students from school to the program facility, and ensuring a safe and orderly dismissal process.
• Assist with driving students to and from program as needed.
• Assist with additional projects and responsibilities as needed.
• Build caring, supportive, meaningful relationships with students, Participate with students in weekend activities including community service projects, squash matches, cultural outings, and other field trips as needed.
• Travel with students to weekend-long squash tournaments and college visits.
• Squash experience is required.
• Most importantly, candidates must have a passion for working with youth in the city, and a belief that all children can learn and grow if given the proper guidance and support.
RacquetUp Detroit seeks a high-energy, creative, hard-working, self-starter with strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.