On Saturday, the e-mail below was sent to coaches and team contacts.
Coaches, Team Contacts, and SIDs:
Here are a few reminders…
- Men’s Team Rankings: Men’s team rankings will be reviewed on Sunday night so that the rankings may be released and the Team Championship draws may be finalized. All men’s teams should enter their match scores ASAP after this weekend’s matches.
- MCSA Championship Roster Submissions: All teams participating in the 2014 Men’s Team Championships must submit their final roster order by Monday, February 10, 2014 at 12:00pm Eastern Time (noon). For any roster questions, please contact Dent Wilkens (email@example.com).
- Women’s Team Rankings: Rankings will be reviewed on Monday evening. If your results are not posted to the US Squash Scoring System, they will not be considered for ranking purposes. Without results in the US Squash Scoring System, your team will not be credited appropriately. At most, you have 48 hours after a match is played to submit results. In addition, the sooner results are submitted to the US Squash Scoring System, the greater the chance that your team will be mentioned in the Sunday evening “Around the Courts” article.
- Awards: Last call for award nominations and scholar athlete/academic recognition honors. During the week of team championships, the nominees will be voted on.
- Scholar Athlete/Academic Recognition Nominations: Nominations and forms for Scholar Athlete/Academic Recognition must be submitted to the Executive Administrator (me) by February 10th (by E-mail is fine). Late submissions will not be accepted. If a school has a January term, do not wait for January grades prior to submitting the forms. Here is a link to the recent article on the website, which includes the forms for submission.
- MCSA Award Nominations: Nominations for the Barnaby and Sloane Awards are due by February 10th. Here is a link to the recent article about award nominations.
- WCSA Award Nominations: Nominations for the Most Improved Team and Chaffee Award are due by February 10th. Here is a link to the recent article about award nominations.
- Harrow Sports Player of the Week: Please nominate deserving players for Player of the Week honors by 6 PM ET on Monday.
- Criteria: A Player of the Week should have a significant impact on his or her team’s performance during the prior week and demonstrate sportsmanship.
- Nominations: Coaches, Sports Information Directors, and Team Contacts may nominate players by using the following link.
- Instructions for US Squash Scoring System: Here are links to the instructions on how to add/remove players from your rosters and enter match results. If you need to be added as the contact in the US SquashScoring System, please contact Dent Wilkens (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Match Results with “Not on Roster” players: As a reminder, make sure your results include all players who participated in the match. Like last season, we are prepared to remove teams from the rankings if “Not on Roster” players are not entered. Please contact Dent Wilkens (email@example.com) if you need assistance fixing match results with “Not on Roster” players.
- Qualifications for Team Nationals:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships in a 9 player division. In addition, club teams must play at least four (4) matches between January 1st and February 10th. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
- Minimum # of Players: For a regular season match to officially count for ranking purposes, each team must have at least seven players (that means seven alive human beings from each team must suit up and play the match). Except for Emerging Teams, matches with less than seven players per team will not count towards the required number of matches for entry into the National Team Championships.