On Sunday, the e-mail below was sent to coaches and team contacts.
Coaches, Team Contacts, and SIDs:
Here are a few reminders…
- Awards: It is time to begin nominating players/teams for the CSA’s awards. During the week of team championships, the nominees will be voted on.
- Scholar Athlete/Academic Recognition Nominations: Nominations and forms for Scholar Athlete/Academic Recognition must be submitted to the Executive Administrator by February 10th. Late submissions will not be accepted. If a school has a January term, do not wait for January grades prior to submitting the forms.
- MCSA Award Nominations: Nominations for the Skillman Award are due by February 1st, while nominations for the Barnaby and Sloane Awards are due by February 10th
- WCSA Award Nominations: Nominations for the Richey and Wetzel Awards are due by February 1st, while nominations for the Most Improved Team and Chaffee Award are due by February 10th
- Team Rankings: Rankings will be reviewed on Monday evening. If your results are not posted to the US Squash Scoring System, they will not be considered for ranking purposes. Without results in the US Squash Scoring System, your team will not be credited appropriately. At most, you have 48 hours after a match is played to submit results. In addition, the sooner results are submitted to the US Squash Scoring System, the greater the chance that your team will be mentioned in the Sunday evening “Around the Courts” article.
- Harrow Sports Player of the Week: Please nominate deserving players for Player of the Week honors by 6 PM ET on Monday.
- Criteria: A Player of the Week should have a significant impact on his or her team’s performance during the prior week and demonstrate sportsmanship.
- Nominations: Coaches, Sports Information Directors, and Team Contacts may nominate players.
- Match Results with “Not on Roster” players: As a reminder, make sure your results include all players who participated in the match. Like last season, we are prepared to remove teams from the rankings if “Not on Roster” players are not entered. Please contact Dent Wilkens (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need assistance fixing match results with “Not on Roster” players.
- MCSA Teams that need to fix “Not on Roster” players in their match results (1st warning): Charleston (Missing players in matches with Sewanee, Northwestern, Vanderbilt); Georgetown (Missing players in match with Denison); UNC (Missing players in matches with Sewanee, Northwestern, Vanderbilt); Sewanee (Missing players in matches with Charleston, Duke, UNC, Northwestern, Vanderbilt); Vanderbilt (Missing players in matches with Duke, Charleston, UNC, Northwestern)
- WCSA Teams that need to fix “Not on Roster” players in their match results (1st warning): Bucknell (Missing players in match with Drexel); Smith College (Missing players in matches with Amherst, Colby, Conn College); and Penn (Missing players in match with Trinity)
- WCSA teams that are currently removed from the rankings due to “Not on Roster” players in match results: NYU – Missing Players in match with Fordham
- Qualifications for Team Nationals:
- Varsity teams are required to play ten (10) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships. At minimum, each team should have at least 6 different opponents. Varsity teams should play the majority of their matches against other varsity schools.
- Club teams are required to play eight (8) matches against other CSA teams to enter team championships in a 9 player division. In addition, club teams must play at least four (4) matches between January 1st and February 10th. At minimum, each team should have at least five (5) different opponents.
- Minimum # of Players: For a regular season match to officially count for ranking purposes, each team must have at least seven players. Except for Emerging Teams, matches with less than seven players per team will not count towards the required number of matches for entry into the National Team Championships.
- Instructions for US Squash Scoring System: Here are links to the instructions on how to add/remove players from your rosters and enter match results. If you need to be added as the contact in the US SquashScoring System, please contact Dent Wilkens (email@example.com).